My Aunt Kelli and her husband Ben, went on a cruise and I got to watch her three kids for 9 days in February. I learned a lot and had fun doing it. While in Denver I took the kids to the Cabin, dropped the boys off at school, picked them up, read books, played lots of games, had a birthday party for Ryan, got to play the "Toothfairy" for Matt loosing his 1st tooth, and had 6 cute little valentines for Valentines Day.

I made Ryan a Bakagon cake. I think Bakagon's are the new "Pog" for everyone who played Pogs
Here are some of my memories from the week with my cousins
Sydney. I loved having time without my sisters and mom to baby hog Sidney. She's the cutest little baby girl always dressed in super cute outfits and smells baby delicious!
After Nicole got her hair done one day at the cabin, Nicole said " I bet Melissa will think my barrett is beautiful, huh Melissa" Oh yeah, her barrett was gorgeous. I got to pick Nicole up from preschool. As soon as she saw me come through the door she got a huge smile and started jumping up and down. Her excitement and enthusiasm made me feel like I was a prize she had just won on national television.
Ryan was really worried about me not finding my husband yet. He would ask me daily why I don't have a husband? I ask myself the same question Ry, someday... haha. :) I also got to pick Ry up from preschool and Loved it. He would walk down the hall like such a grown up little boy. While there I got to celebrate Ryan's 5 birthday!
Matt was learning about Lewis and Clark at school. He would come home and share facts from school like what Sacajawea's name means. Matt was my special helper. He would tell me what his mom does and helped me tons with the little questions I had in being "mom". He also read me books every night before bed. I was so impressed that at 6 years old he was reading at a 3rd or 4th grade level. Smartie!
Nolan is the kid that can make me laugh. He has this contagious laugh that fills the room. He's also very smart and reads some words better than I can. Nolan was the victorious winner of the "Polor bear run". He stripped down to his underwear and ran from the cabin to the lake, barefoot in the snow. Go Nol!
Since my February get away, I have been busy working for a Home Health company here in town, training for my half marathon (which is in May), and my biggest news is my new car! Yeah! I bought my first big purchase! Its a 2004 Black Mazda 3. I love it!

2 comments:
Yay for the Mazda 3...and the half marathon!!! You are gettin' fit and I'm gaining wait...ahh, life ;) Miss you tons.
Whew! An update! I was beginning to worry. Sounds like you are doing great! You want to come watch my kids for awhile. I could use a break!
Post a Comment