Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16... Happy Birthday DAD!

Today is my dad's birthday. Living at home again I feel lucky to be able to strengthen my relationship with my dad and have him become one of my best friends. He teases me about being too busy for my old man, but I really am grateful for my dad and the great man that he is.
I am grateful for all my family but since this is Dad's special day, I'm most thankful for him today. :)
Memory Lane: This was a Daddy daughter date from high school ,March of 2002. I was 16 and sara was 15 years old, part of what Sara and I like to call "akward years". Even through he "akward years" I have been really fortunate to have an awesome relationship with my dad. I talk to him about my friends, worries, and use him as my advisor when making important decisions.

My first waterskiing attempt at age 6, with my Dad as my coach. My dad has always been an active part of my life. He was at every soccer and basketball game, and the perfect "10" boat driver so that I can pull all my tricks behind the boat. What more could a girl ask for in her dad?


My first deer October 1998. Hunting is a daddy-daughter activity that I treasure. I love being on the mountain walking and talking with dad. Even now that i'm older I look forward every hunting season to take a hunting trip with dad. I'm still waiting for the elk in Weiser to come out of the high country so dad and I can go huntng together before the end of the year...



Happy Birthday DAD! You are so speical and I'm so grateful to have you as my Dad. Thanks for all the heart to heart talks, gossip sessions, money spent, time driving, and love you give to your favorite daughter. (No Sara, Heather, Jessica, or Angelie are not your favorites... Its me, Melissa)





4 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

Your Dad is a great guy, hence the fact I named one of my sons after him. Tell him Happy Birthday for me!

Samantha said...

Super cute family photo! I didn't even know you had one taken. And yes... your dad definitely rocks. Even if he likes to make up stories about me! I'm glad he and my uncle are such good friends.

Ben N Nessa said...

Yes, Happy Bday Papa Johnson!

Steph said...

Oh the deer picture (yuck)!! I remember that! Your dad is a wonderful person. One thing I remember is that when he would bring us home from slumber parties he would let us guide him home by saying, "turn right", "turn right, again", "turn left"....what would've been a 3 minute drive from your house to ours would turn into the most memorable 15 minute drive :)