Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Internship

Here is my desk, and my office partner Katie. We are neighbors and enjoy visiting in between getting work done. The American Heart Association gave my my own work space, phone, and computer. I feel so lucky to be doing my internship here.


Heather and her friend Stephanie finishing the race and looking good! Jessica and Maren are in the background walking. All four girls ran the 5 K in less than thirty minutes. Because they all ran so fast they got the choice for lunch, they choose Red Robin over the Cheesecake Factory. EWWW! I'm so embarrassed!

Where's Mom and Dad? Can you see them in their White Columbia shirts Kinda like "Where's Waldo?" Mom and Dad walked a 5 K in 50 minutes. Thats movin!

Here are all the Gals at work at my internship, and the one guy. I can't believe it's 2/3's of the over. The Heart Walk was BIG success. There were over 1500 people who came out to the event. I loved seeing all the work I'd done the last month come together for a fun community event. I made these fliers called Passports where people could go around to the different booths in the park and after visiting the booth get a sticker. There were 8 sponsor booths that people could collect stickers for their Passports. Once all 8 sponsor booth stickers were collected then the completed Passport went into a fishbowl for prize drawings. The Passports were a big hit. The participants love it, and the sponsors loved having people come to their booth and ask questions.

4 comments:

Jessica Johnson said...

Jessica with her speediness got 2nd fallowed by Maren who was shortly behind in 5th place.

Anne Bennion said...

You sound like you are having fun! Nice work on the Heart Walk. Wish I lived closer and could have participated. We'll be heading to Weiser probably around the 4th of July so maybe we can catch up with your family for dinner sometime.

Vanessa said...

You look awesome....I'm so proud of you!

The Crazy Heads said...

That is so neat. I am so glad you have a job that you love. You look so professional, it suits you well.