At mile 6 my calf's felt like 5 lb weights on the back of my legs. At mile 9 there was a killer hill, where the only reason I was able to keep moving was because of drums I heard beating in the distance. When I saw the first crowd of people cheering along side the road I gasped for tears that didn't come. I kept one foot in front of the other. It was powerful that people I didn't even know were cheering for me. The last mile was so painful. It was past what I thought my body would let me do. I was tired physically, mentally and emotionally. As I came running into the finish line I saw my Dad, Mike (Brooke's dad), Gavin and Jessica all screaming at me, then I saw my mom, and Lisa (Brooke's mom). I was so excited they had made the trip. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Jess!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Moab Half-Marathon
At mile 6 my calf's felt like 5 lb weights on the back of my legs. At mile 9 there was a killer hill, where the only reason I was able to keep moving was because of drums I heard beating in the distance. When I saw the first crowd of people cheering along side the road I gasped for tears that didn't come. I kept one foot in front of the other. It was powerful that people I didn't even know were cheering for me. The last mile was so painful. It was past what I thought my body would let me do. I was tired physically, mentally and emotionally. As I came running into the finish line I saw my Dad, Mike (Brooke's dad), Gavin and Jessica all screaming at me, then I saw my mom, and Lisa (Brooke's mom). I was so excited they had made the trip. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Jess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment